Mobile Game Design (Charge) Mobile Game Design (Charge)

As a concept this is very interesting and is also entertaining to boot. It could use a little more polishing on the execution side, though. If you don't mind I have a couple of suggestions that could improve the user experience.

1. The ripple effect in the main menus are neat, but they are also detrimental to the user experience. If you want to keep the effect then just lighten up the background so that the user can see the buttons they need to push in order to adjust settings or start the game. Having menus where you can't even see anything without repeatedly tapping is a huge no-no.

2. Increase the tutorial text size or make it bolder. While it may look fine on a PC the text will be very difficult to read when on a screen that's only several inches across. This also ensures the text will be large enough on phones with smaller screens. Also, I noticed it was easy to skip the text when I was trying to jump over an obstacle. Instead of double tapping the screen to continue, I would just place a button in a corner that you have to hold down for a second. This ensures that the user doesn't miss any information.

3. Speaking of the tutorial, I would suggest making it the only level that isn't completely dark. So that the player can see what the obstacles look like and get a feel for when they need to jump. Of course implementing a section of the tutorial where there is a "blackout" and they have to use the charge for a short time would be cool too.

4. Another suggestion would be to increase the radius of the glow around your character slightly. Or perhaps have a difficulty slider that adjusts the radius of the glow and the scroll speed of the level.

5. One last thing would be to consider implementing a score system based on difficulty (if implemented), the time survived on a level, obstacles hit, things like that. While the game play is entertaining enough on its own it doesn't really feel like there is a "purpose" to it. A scoring system would give players a way to measure their performance and give them that motivation to keep playing.

Overall it is a cool concept. It just seems a little bare and unrefined at the moment. I'm sure once the kinks are ironed out it'll be a great little game!

VladimirRavichandran responds:

Thank you for your response!
Yes, this is barely a prototype we made just to see how people would react to it. We are aware of the certain bugs and polishing to be done. We should be done with the redesigned tutorial level by today and hopefully 5 more levels in a couple weeks.
Hope to get your review for that!

The Super Click Tester The Super Click Tester

1st place for the week!

Woot! i got first place for the week!

Windows Doors Windows Doors

LOL

Even though Im a dedicated windows user I still thought this was hilarious!

Demipong Demipong

good game.

This game is very fun... although i think the original pong is better =P.
btw i made it too lvl 18

Minilo Minilo

Thanks for using 1 of my songs

I am truly honored for someone too use my song in their game. The game is very good too. ill give it 5/5 and a 10/10

Sandyloisa responds:

Good for both of us.

Gravitex 2 Gravitex 2

very cool

ive seen games like this b4 but this one is better than the other ones.

lookin for a challenge try this level! get all the orbs!

start hero,100,240 finish,590,240 grav,340,105,0.8;343,347,0.8 repel, block,327,305,0.3,1.9;324,-5,0.3,1.6;
327,217,0.3,0.3 coin,496,243,1;444,222,1;449,266,1 end

I Love Traffic I Love Traffic

i luv the levels

i lioke the levels where you get too control the WHOLE interstate! i make those traffic lights go as in the real world!

Pwong Pwong